Our hotel is minutes walk away from Hardbrucke Station. We asked the concierge on how to travel to Cousin Evan’s place at Meilen. Bought a Day Pass at CH8 per Adult to travel around the city for all transports. We made our way to Main Train Station where Bret purchased his Pre-Paid Sim Card from Inter-Discount Store.
Inserted the Pre-Paid Sim card into our mobile wireless router with us, we navigated our way with Google Map. In no. 11 Tram.
According to Ralph, the trams come every 5-10 minutes so there is always seats available. After few stops, we reached one of our destinations.
Cousin Evan suggested a Ferry Ride from Burkipltaz to her place. With Bret, we achieved great sense of satisfaction reaching the right places on foreign soil. With the Day Pass, we only need to top-up a bit to buy the Ferry Ticket.
Here is the pier. Peaceful with ducks & swans.
All transports in Switzerland arrive timely on schedule. Here is our ferry.
We need to validate the ticket. Like all other transports, a conductor will check the ticket.
We sat at the restaurant area of the ferry as we sailed through the beautiful lake.
Leia wanted ice cream and we gave into her. Bret and I had coffee.
Capture this delightful moment we want to keep forever.
Family wefie… smiling from our heart as the cold breeze kissed our cheeks.
Bret enjoyed a lot when it was just three of us being ourselves. Family bonding as we explore other cultures, landscapes, language and customs.
At Meilen, we took more pictures and videos as our bubbly girl entertained herself by running around and towards her daddy.
In Switzerland, people drink from tap and fountains. They are safe for drinking.
Shortly after Cousin Evan received us and soon we were on the way to pick Isabella from school. Afternoon plan was Jucker Farm.
Family travel is our new hobby. Stepping outside of a daily routine, we shared an adventure through laughter, fun, anxiety & discovered everything “New” allowing inspirations to flow freely.”
Public Transport Tips in Zurich:
- Get a Day Pass to travel around Zurich with all modes of transport. Do note that you need to buy an extension ticket if you travel out of the zone for your Day Pass.
- Public Transport Travel for Child below 6 Years old is free.
- You will need to Validate your Pass at a machine found at Tram/Train Station.
- In the tram or train, just keep the tickets/pass well. A conductor will board the transport and check. A fine of CH 100 is imposed if found without a valid ticket.
- There is 1st Class & 2nd Class for Trains & Ferry. For train, just look out for No. 1 or 2 at the door and 1st Class is at upper level of the ferry.
- Cousin Evan told us to download ZVV App to find out the train station schedule as well as Track. It is important to look at the schedule and track to locate the train.
- At Train station, you can refer to the Schedule Board or Digital Boards to look out for schedule, train no. and track.
To be continued…