Last afternoon, I received a surprise from blogger Big Roy who is the author of Eat with Roy. I was drawn to his blog because of his inspiring thoughts and candid review of food. Apparently he is the only male blogger whom I am following on wordpress and I look forward to see his new post. Keep going, Roy!
Oh ya, about the surprise from Roy..He has nominated me for One Lovely Blog Award. Like him, I do not have a clue about the award about but I am thankful and it is my first time being nominated.
Rules For Winning:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award pic.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate some other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Myself:
1. I am a very typical Pisces who grew up with three other younger siblings. I will always remember how my parents love and pampered me and my siblings. Now that I am a working adult, I take them out frequently to explore food and travels. Without my parents’ love, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
2. At the age of 14, I already met my Mr Right during an inter-school volleyball tournament. Both students without penny, we can spend the day together walking around, doing nothing and still feel happy. That tells me we can love each other forever. We embarked on a marathon relationship overcoming tons of obstacles.. we did broke up a few times. But true love has a habit of coming back. Finally, we got married after 12 long years. In 2010, God blessed us with a lovely daughter and we named her Leia.
3. I have three best friends. If you read my blog, you will see Best Friend B .. Beelian is my first best friend since secondary school. We have been together for all stages of life..I reckon its impossible to live without each other. During Esther’s pregnancy days, we were meeting a lot and soon we established a new level of friendship, Special Best Friend thus.. Sbff. As for my third best friend Caiyan, she is my secondary school senior and the school belle. After we graduated, we started off as gym buddies and … somehow given the right atmosphere we started pouring out our personal life to each other like soulmates.. accompanied with the constant communication, we progressed to Volleyball Best Friends; vbff.
3. Loyalty. Someone told me it is my strength and weakness. That explains why I held onto Bret for the longest time and then joined a company that allows me to grow and stay till retirement. God’s Grace, its been almost 9 years into this career and I treasure the relationships I have built with people I meet. Personally, I believe people don’t meet by accident. They are meant to cross path because God sends the people in your life for a reason to help and to do something right.
4. Favourite Food… has to be steak, seafood, hot pot and anything that’s spicy. I didn’t grow up eating much of my mum’s cooking. She used to run a retail business and that means long hours at work and 4 off days in a month. But I will always remember the fond memory where she took us out for restaurants like Pizza Hut and Jack’s Place. Those days, these restaurants were much much cozier.
5. Back in 2006, I started working at a bank and it was then I began to blog about my life and friends. Before blogging, I used to write diaries when I was in primary school. I enjoyed looking back at the earlier entries showed me how much I have changed or grown into a different person. In future, Leia will get to read her mother’s blog. I believe she will find it weird to some extend and hopefully, she won’t freak out. So right now, I am blogging as much about Leia and my life.
6. Spaced-out… that’s how my husband and friends described me whenever we are talking in a group or sometimes, one-to-one. I may looked like my soul have wandered off the conversation but in fact, my ears and heart are still listening. Maybe I am not an audio person but more of a visual and hands-on person. Also, a habitual multi-tasker tends to have challenge in keeping focus on one single thing.
7. Meaningful quotes.. I have a Pinterest account where I collect inspiring quotes about life. The words are like bibles to me and I remind myself to live my life with the quotes I believe and agree with.
One of them,
The most important thing is to enjoy your life — is to be happy — its all that matters.” – Audrey Heburn
I Nominate The Following Blog:
1. Eat with Roy ( http://eatwithroy.com/) A singaporean blogger who writes about food and his experiences. Through his blog, I discovered the blogger is talented in many ways. Love that he has a big heart and set up a charity group,
Care Givers Group (www.caregiversgroup.org,http://www.facebook.com/caregiversgroup)