Its good when couple indulge in activities together and I’m glad we have quite a plenty in common. Most of them were developed together over the 12 years..
Many have asked me how’s married life?
Most of the time, my reply is …
“Its different…you’ll see each other everynight! And you cannot just cool down as you like when dating. Imagine angry yet have to sleep beside him…and see him the next morning…”
Well, conflicts arise but there’s still lovey-dovey moment which i find essential ..cos we have chosen each other as lifetime partner.. We are going to spend many days ahead TOGETHER and dwelling on hard, nitty gritty issues is not going to help us be happier.
At the end of the day, our intention will always be the same. We just want each other to be happy.
And I’m listing times that makes me feel loved like when he
- hold my hands whenever we are out, even when he drives..he reaches out to my hand.
- Gives me endless of pecks on my cheek, many times and anywhere.
- look at me with dreamy eyes & smile like I’m the most charming girl he’s ever met..haha esp if I dun wear make up, messy hair & clad in big tees.
- updates me promptly about his happiness & bitter times. Willing to hear my opinion, makes me feel I am really the woman behind him..
- Likewise, hear my complaints and bitch with me or give me the widest grin when I have something happy to share!
- Laugh at my random lame thoughts or suggestions. He appreciates my wit and humour. haha
- Submit to my lazy grooming requests like plurking of stray eyebrow, cut toe nails, dry my wet hair and more personal stuffs….
- Without me asking, fill my contact lens cases with solution and bring it to me before sleep.
- Automatically wash & top up 2 water bottles for me so that I can drink in our room at 3rd level everytime we are home.
- spontenously play games together.. any kinds basically from real sport, electronic games, board card games..anything! Most of the games, I actually intro him but somehow he’ll get better than me…
- insists on fetching me whereever I am at or places I want to go..he just don’t like the feeling of me going home alone..
- Wanna buy me things I like.. whether happen or not, its the thought that counts and I know without him telling me. I just know..
- Gives me constructive opinion whenever I shop for clothings. My fave shopping companion! surprised?
- Reads my blog.. I hardly come across men who read their gf’s or wife’s blog.. and I like that he is interested to know what I write here.
- protective towards me . Surprised by him many times..he’d voice out for me if he thinks I’m being misunderstood or what’s better for me.
- Coax me the moment I cry if we quarrel. No matter how angry he is or how unreasonable I was, his heart will melt and he will quickly hug me and wipe my tears away… (For decades, still the same..)
- During a war with him, he will still not let me leave his sight even if he ask me to go. If I go, he’ll get me back no matter how..then smile and patch up.
Many more.. and I sure can come up with a list of things I don’t like about him.. but no point. Remember the strengths and appreciate him.
No one is perfect, so am I to him. I asked him recently about what’s nice about our relationship, his instant reply:
“We talk a lot to each other and we can make each other laugh EVERYDAY!”
Yes, Communication is very important. We are thick-skinned enough to openly say what we like about each other..gives genuine compliments to encourage another. As much as we can, we talk about things that’s positive for us. We still have problems..thats never-ending.. but just need to iron things out.. no problem is forever, so is our time together. A little pessimistic yet realistic here, we never know when we may lose each other forever. Life can be fragile and that makes time precious.
Alright, That’s my marriage so far….from a marathon childhood relationship.