Sunday morning, I woke up at 9am to prepare breakfast for my family. Recipe was taken from noobcook, one of my favourite cooking blog and… I modified a tiny bit.
Ingredients (Serves 4 – 6)
- 25g butter
- 3/4 large white/yellow onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 700 ml chicken stock (Instead of 850ml)
- 650g portobello & I added white button mushrooms, chopped to large chunks
- 1 tbsp Thymes Leaves (instead of Sage Leaves from original recipe)
- 100ml light cooking cream (instead of double cream)
- Freshly cracked black pepper (I did not use sea salt)
- chopped fresh parsley (for garnishing)
I skipped white wine … simply because I do not have the ingredient at home.
Please refer to this original recipe post here.
I did something differently at the very first step. After the butter was heated, I stirred in thyme leaves before adding the onions and garlic.
Bret and my family gave positive review. Shall serve this soup to my dear friends one day :)